Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Tapas Mishra

Default astrology softwares in repos

Well this linkhttps://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrologymentions about astrolog package ,sudo apt-getI found it missing from repos

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=astrolog&searchon=names&suite=onei ric&section=all

Is compiling from sources the only way or I missed to search some thing else?--
ॐ साम्ब सदा शिवाय*नमः**ूतनाथ जी की*जय*

Old 03-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Liam Proven

On 9 March 2012 03:24, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well this link
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrology
> mentions about astrolog package ,sudo apt-get
> I found it missing from repos
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=astrolog&searchon=names&suite=onei ric&section=all
>
> Is compiling from sources the only way or I missed to search some thing
> else?

You do realise that astrology is absolutely-cast-iron guaranteed 100%
bogus, without /any/ element of truth or validity whatsoever? It has
been studied and tested exhaustively; it is pure superstition with
absolutely no basis in fact at all.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Avi Greenbury

Tapas Mishra wrote:

> Well this link
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrology
> mentions about astrolog package ,sudo apt-get
> I found it missing from repos
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=astrolog&searchon=names&suite=onei ric&section=all
>
> Is compiling from sources the only way or I missed to search some
> thing else?

The last Ubuntu-supplied package I can find for that is for 5.04, so it
looks like that page is _very_ out of date; I think hand-building is
the only way you'll get that I'm afraid.

--
Avi.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Avi Greenbury

Liam Proven wrote:

> You do realise that astrology is absolutely-cast-iron guaranteed 100%
> bogus, without /any/ element of truth or validity whatsoever? It has
> been studied and tested exhaustively; it is pure superstition with
> absolutely no basis in fact at all.

This is really not the place for that discussion.

--
Avi

Old 03-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Gilles Gravier

Hi!

On 09/03/2012 15:42, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 9 March 2012 03:24, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well this link
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrology
>> mentions about astrolog package ,sudo apt-get
>> I found it missing from repos
>>
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=astrolog&searchon=names&suite=onei ric&section=all
>>
>> Is compiling from sources the only way or I missed to search some thing
>> else?
> You do realise that astrology is absolutely-cast-iron guaranteed 100%
> bogus, without /any/ element of truth or validity whatsoever? It has
> been studied and tested exhaustively; it is pure superstition with
> absolutely no basis in fact at all.

_You do realise_ that this kind of judgement :

1) Has no place here
2) Is in no way helpful for the original poster

There are many reasons people do astrology, or believe in a god or
another, or have some kind of faith. It's nobody's role to question
them, and certainly not your's, and not on this list.

If the person is looking for an astrology package, and asks here, we
should help them find one. Same as if there were asking for a bible, or
coran package, or a magic class package, or whatever else.

So here are some links to help the OP :

1) Ubuntu Community documentation on Astrology :
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrology

As you can see, there are other software than "astrolog", in particular
Maitreya (india astrology), and Skylendar (a derivative of astrolog,
based on KDE libs).

2) OpenAstro.org : http://www.openastro.org/?Ubuntu_Repository which has
a Ubuntu repository

I hope these starting points help.