Old 03-09-2012, 01:09 AM
"M.R."

Default panel applets

I am testing Ubuntu 12.4 beta, with the idea of replacing 10.4

How do I install panel applets, in particular the file search
and the character palette?

tia, M.R.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Liam Proven

On 9 March 2012 02:09, M.R. <makrober@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am testing Ubuntu 12.4 beta, with the idea of replacing 10.4
>
> How do I install panel applets, in particular the file search
> and the character palette?

You don't, I'm afraid.

The top bar isn't a panel as such & there is very little customisation
available. GNOME 2 applets do not work.

There are some what are called "indicators" out there, for things like
system load, weather and so on. Most are not very interactive, though.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 03-09-2012, 02:43 AM
"M.R."