Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Alain Muls

Default 12.04 and encrypted home directory

Hi

I wanted to have a test run with Ubuntu 12.04 Beta.
I have a spare root partition for doing this and I use with Ubuntu
11.10 an encrypted home directory.

The install fails at the very beginning where it says that "it is
removing conflicting operating system files".
A google searcg reveiled that this was due to the encryption of the
home and it proposed to have /home setup on the / partition, while
mounting the encrypted home partition on /home2. Doing so allowed to
install 12.04 beta. Before rebooting, I had to adjust the /etc/fstab,
moving /home2 to /home, which I did.

After booting 12.04 beta I opened the file manager, but I did not have
any files of mine, so the encrypted /home is not available.

How must I solve this?

Tx/Alain