Old 03-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Mark Panen

Default Browsing files on Nokia phone via bluetooth

Hi,

I can pair my phone with my Bluetooth dongle no problem and the Nokia
5800 appears as paired.

However no window pops up when i select browse files on device.

When i go to nautilus and click on Nokia 5800 i get a "Could not
display "obex://[00:25:CF:3F:12:47]/"." error.Error: DBus error
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply
(timeout by message bus)

Please select another viewer and try again.

Any help please?

--
Cheers
Mark

Old 03-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Tanmoy Chatterjee

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Mark Panen <mark.panen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can pair my phone with my Bluetooth dongle no problem and the Nokia 5800
> appears as paired.
>
> However no window pops up when i select browse files on device.
>
> When i go to nautilus and click on Nokia 5800 i get a *"Could not display
> "obex://[00:25:CF:3F:12:47]/"." error.Error: DBus error
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout
> by message bus)
> Please select another viewer and try again.
This has been my problem since I had started using ubuntu and in
general Gnome+linux. Have googled about it. But no clear answer to
this problem.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Sam Sebastian

try using a dedicated bluetooth client