-   -   Problem with automount on all open accounts (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/64208-problem-automount-all-open-accounts.html)

Michele Zarri 04-04-2008 05:32 PM

Problem with automount on all open accounts

Hello,

I share the desktop computer with my wife and we tend to be
simultaneously logged in.

My problem is that when one of the two puts a CD in the driver, or
connects a USB storage device (e.g. digital camera, iPod etc...) this is
automounted on both accounts and when it is unmounted it leaves (on the
other's account) one or more open nautilus window with some error
messages.

I would like to keep the automount functionality for my wife as her geek
score is pretty low but only when she is using the screen (I hope I made
myself understood...).

Any chance for something like this?

Cheers,

Michele

Yannick Le Saint 04-05-2008 09:06 AM

Michele Zarri wrote:
> I would like to keep the automount functionality for my wife
> Any chance for something like this?

Nope, but you could :

*1* Not open nautilus when an external storage is inserted and your wife
will have to open the storage manually, with an icon appearing on the
desktop, using the Places menu or whatever.

*2* Logout instead of switching user.

*3* Instruct your wife not to worry about these error messages and tell
her why they happen. A procedure also called "live with it" :)

I think *3* should be simple enough.

--
Regards.

Yannick Le Saint (kyncani) <y.lesaint@gmail.com>