-   -   Pardon the noise (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/642056-pardon-noise.html)

Ric Moore 03-07-2012 08:37 PM

Pardon the noise

I replaced the IDE-DVD drive with an SATA CD/DVD-RW drive and it popped
up a movie DVD just peachy. Owell, the other DVD drive was about 4-5
years old, it was about time for it to can out. Strange that it will
serve as a boot installer device and handle music CD's, and DVD data
disks, just not video DVD's.

Owell, I'll just chalk that up to being scarcely distinguishable from
magic. Maybe all those chickens missing feet, for my computer voodoo
rituals, are having a little get-back? :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html