Old 03-06-2012, 02:39 PM
"H.S.Rai"

Default Touchscreen usage

I am using Ubuntu 11:10

I tried to use TouchScreen. It is reversed, i.e. if I touch top left
corner, it take it as bottom right. I referred:

Added option like following (not clear from above link where to add):

Option "InvertX" "true"

But found no effect.

Used xinput_calibrator, output shown below signature, but problem
remain as such. It says:

copy the snippet into '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf'

But there is no file there named 99-calibration.conf

Can I get tip for easy setup / calibration of touch screen?

One more issue I observed. When I startr PC, screen display is fine,
but when I issue:

service lightdm restart

screen get shifted to right, some portion not visible and some part blank.

--
H.S.Rai

Warning: multiple calibratable devices found, calibrating last one
(IDEACO IDC 6681)
use --device to select another one.
Calibrating EVDEV driver for "IDEACO IDC 6681" id=11
current calibration values (from XInput): min_x=0, max_x=65535 and
min_y=0, max_y=65535

Doing dynamic recalibration:
Setting new calibration data: 56793, 7941, 53296, 15012

--> Making the calibration permanent <--
copy the snippet below into '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf'
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "calibration"
MatchProduct "IDEACO IDC 6681"
Option "Calibration" "56793 7941 53296 15012"
EndSection

Old 03-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Liam Proven

On 6 March 2012 15:39, H.S.Rai <hardeep.rai@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Ubuntu 11:10
>
> I tried to use TouchScreen. It is reversed, i.e. if I touch top left
> corner, it take it as bottom right. I referred:

> Added option like following (not clear from above link where to add):
>
> Option *"InvertX" "true"
>
> But found no effect.
>
> Used xinput_calibrator, output shown below signature, but problem
> remain as such. It says:
>
> copy the snippet into '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf'
>
> But there is no file there named 99-calibration.conf
>
> Can I get tip for easy setup / calibration of touch screen?
>
> One more issue I observed. When I startr PC, screen display is fine,
> but when I issue:
>
> service lightdm restart
>
> screen get shifted to right, some portion not visible and some part blank.

You have not specified what computer you are using, or failing that,
what models of graphics chip, driver, screen and touchscreen hardware
and driver.

But anyway:

I have seen this too, on an MSI all-in-one PC.

I worked on the problem for a long time as did 2 of my colleagues. In
the end I could find no solution, we returned the machine to the
vendor and bought an Asus model instead.

We have different problems with that. :¬/

I did manage to install an elderly HAL driver aimed at Ubuntu 8.x/9.x
and get the MSI sort-of working, but only at an incorrect resolution,
with a mis-sized & badly fuzzy image and permanent misalignment of
about 1cm. In other words, totally unacceptable and unusable.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 PM
"H.S.Rai"

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:

> You have not specified what computer you are using, or failing that,

HP DreamScreen 400:

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/dreamscreen/in/en/index.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5BvYn-wUTM

> what models of graphics chip, driver, screen and touchscreen hardware
> and driver.

which has some form of Linux (guess Fedora) and is touch screen
All-in-one Internet Device. It comes with FreeDos along with Linux
(named as DreamScreen OS).

MSI AIO is the monitor.

--
H.S.Rai

Old 03-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Liam Proven

On 7 March 2012 00:50, H.S.Rai <hardeep.rai@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You have not specified what computer you are using, or failing that,
>
> HP DreamScreen 400:
>
> http://h41112.www4.hp.com/dreamscreen/in/en/index.html
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5BvYn-wUTM
>
>> what models of graphics chip, driver, screen and touchscreen hardware
>> and driver.
>

> which has some form of Linux (guess Fedora) and is touch screen
> All-in-one Internet Device. It comes with FreeDos along with Linux
> (named as DreamScreen OS).

Interesting machine!

Well, if it runs one Linux, then clearly others are possible, but it
might not be easy, as I fear you are discovering. I would use a LiveCD
and an external mouse to start poking around in the installed Linux
and inspecting its configuration files, if I were you. Try to find
what is making it tick at present. /etc/X11/xorg.conf is a good place
to start.

> MSI AIO is the monitor.

I do not understand this sentence. MSI's AIO devices are a range of
computers in their own right, much like your HP all-in-one.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 AM
"H.S.Rai"

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:20 AM, H.S.Rai <hardeep.rai@gmail.com> wrote:

> HP DreamScreen 400:
>
> http://h41112.www4.hp.com/dreamscreen/in/en/index.html
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5BvYn-wUTM

What I found it respond to following:

xinput set-int-prop 10 "Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 1 1

>Direction of axis is corrected.

Following command also create changes.

xinput set-int-prop 10 "Evdev Axis Calibration" 32 16917 40262 26841 38980

But after many try I am unable to find correct parameters. Can any one
give any hint. how to experiment with it.

--
H.S.Rai

Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 AM
"H.S.Rai"

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:

>> which has some form of Linux (guess Fedora) and is touch screen
>> All-in-one Internet Device. It comes with FreeDos along with Linux
>> (named as DreamScreen OS).
>
> Interesting machine!
>
> Well, if it runs one Linux, then clearly others are possible, but it
> might not be easy, as I fear you are discovering. I would use a LiveCD
> and an external mouse to start poking around in the installed Linux
> and inspecting its configuration files, if I were you. Try to find
> what is making it tick at present. /etc/X11/xorg.conf is a good place
> to start.

On pre-installed Linux, no way to access to terminal.

Partitions are encrypted, so Live CD can't mount it.

--
H.S.Rai

Old 03-08-2012, 01:45 AM
"H.S.Rai"

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:

>> MSI AIO is the monitor.
>
> I do not understand this sentence. MSI's AIO devices are a range of
> computers in their own right, much like your HP all-in-one.

That's what I could find when I boot machine with MS Windows 7.

Ububtu identify it as:

IDEACO IDC 6681

and driver used is : EVDEV

--