Old 03-04-2012, 06:21 PM
sktsee

Default Gnumeric (1.10.8) – how to save as a template?

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 20:16:26 +0100, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

[skip]

> Yes, adding a document to the templates folder should do it, of course.
> The problem is that I need root privileges to do that, which is doable
> but not very user friendly. So obviously the answer is something like
> ”No, there is no dedicated functionality for that, but it still can be
> done”.

I haven't seen it documented anywhere, but you can create the directory
~/.gnumeric/templates and place your templates there to pick from the
menu list.

--
sktsee

Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
sktsee

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 21:11:38 +0100, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

[snip]

> Unfortunately it didn't work, or do I have to restart something (else
> than Gnumeric) first?

Sorry, it just dawned on me that the version you are using is older than
the one that comes in oneric (1.10.17) so I don't know if the tip I gave
will work. You might try ~/.gnumeric/1.10.8/templates and see if that
gets it. Of course, you also need to make sure that your templates have
a .gnumeric extension.

--
sktsee