Old 03-04-2012, 12:37 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Default was: "Nice legs, pity about the face"

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:30:57 -0800
NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> You found it in 2007.

Yes, I went two weeks without any replies at all from the list and had
to finally hack a solution, myself. I'm glad to see that the list
googling ability has improved, at least.

Cybe R. Wizard -doesn't really have any Wiinduhs stuff
--
..the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong
one. "Do it yourself". That's it.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:40 AM
Gilles Gravier

Somebody mentionned something about "troll" earlier on?

On 04/03/2012 02:37, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:30:57 -0800
> NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> You found it in 2007.
> Yes, I went two weeks without any replies at all from the list and had
> to finally hack a solution, myself. I'm glad to see that the list
> googling ability has improved, at least.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard -doesn't really have any Wiinduhs stuff

QED

Gilles

Old 03-07-2012, 03:33 AM
NoOp

On 03/03/2012 05:37 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:30:57 -0800
> NoOp <snippedrudeemailinclusionfromCRW.> wrote:
>
>> You found it in 2007.
>
> Yes, I went two weeks without any replies at all from the list and had
> to finally hack a solution, myself.

Not the point. My point is that you *did* have the file several years
ago, posted that you got it working (on this list 2007), and yet you
still posted:

<quote>
Maybe you can (at last and after several years) help me with this
problem:
I have a Visioneer OneTouch 7300 USB (flatbed scanner) that I'd like to
use with Linux. Can you give me any hints at all as to how to get this
done?
</quote>

So either you actually Visione'ed that you had it working in 2007 with
Ununtu/linux, or you were blowing smoke at the time. My _guess_ is that
you simply are trolling.

Gilles was kind enough to reply to you with a suggestion/hint & you
replied that you couldn't find the Cis3r5b1.fw. I pointed out that you
found it in 2007. So instead of continuing to be a troll, why don't you
just re-read your 2007 post(s), find the file the same way you did then,
admit that: 1) you did find the file previously, 2) had/have the scanner
working in linux, and 3) now simply are whining "I went two weeks
without any replies at all from the list".

> I'm glad to see that the list
> googling ability has improved, at least.

I use gmane.org & therefore can search the list easily (back to 2004)
without any problems. I only included the http link for your
edification. :-)

> Cybe R. Wizard -doesn't really have any Wiinduhs stuff

Oh, but you did in 2007 according to your post. *And* you still have the
Windows CD that you obtained the file from in 2007 according to your
post in this thread.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:33:41 -0800
NoOp
<IsnippedthestandardemailinclusionbecauseNoOpforso mereasonthinksittoberudeofmeisteadofthenormalthing emailclientsdo>
wrote:

> On 03/03/2012 05:37 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:30:57 -0800
> > NoOp <snippedrudeemailinclusionfromCRW.> wrote:
> >
> >> You found it in 2007.
> >
> > Yes, I went two weeks without any replies at all from the list and
> > had to finally hack a solution, myself.
>
> Not the point.

It may not be /your/ point but it is /my/ point: Is the help
onlist any better than 5 years ago? Answer: marginally, but not with
this particular problem.

> My point is that you *did* have the file several years
> ago, posted that you got it working (on this list 2007), and yet you
> still posted:

I didn't say it was a new problem nor one that hadn't already been
solved. It isn't and has. I re-post it to see how (if) things have
changed (not much).

> <quote>
> Maybe you can (at last and after several years) help me with this
> problem:
> I have a Visioneer OneTouch 7300 USB (flatbed scanner) that I'd like
> to use with Linux. Can you give me any hints at all as to how to get
> this done?
> </quote>
>
> So either you actually Visione'ed that you had it working in 2007 with
> Ununtu/linux, or you were blowing smoke at the time. My _guess_ is
> that you simply are trolling.

Once again, I got it working. My solution works just fine, no thanks to
any 'help' from the list. I have /NEVER/ gotten much help from the list
to the best of my memory, despite having brought several minor problems
forth and having been around since '04.

Disclaimer: I have gotten the occasional bit of minor help such as how
to disable pop-up balloons and move the title bar controls.

> Gilles was kind enough to reply to you with a suggestion/hint & you
> replied that you couldn't find the Cis3r5b1.fw.

/on the disk/. I couldn't find it /on the disk/. In fact, here's the
quote:
"I do have the Winduhs-only CD for scanner installation but after
spending some time looking it over I can't seem to find that file
anywhere on the CD."

...and, in fact, his suggestion, regardless of how kind it was,
was completely useless as it didn't point to the file (Cis3r5b1.fw)
needed.

> I pointed out that you
> found it in 2007.

But not on the disk, which is what I said.

> So instead of continuing to be a troll, why don't
> you just re-read your 2007 post(s), find the file the same way you
> did then, admit that: 1) you did find the file previously,

I found the file previously; I never said otherwise.

> 2) had/have the scanner working in linux, and

I had and still have the scanner working in Linux, first Ubuntu and
now Debian. Again, I never said otherwise.

> 3) now simply are
> whining "I went two weeks without any replies at all from the list".

More than just and only a whine, it is indicative of the help I've /not/
gotten on this list, not just on one instance, but many times.

> > I'm glad to see that the list
> > googling ability has improved, at least.
>
> I use gmane.org & therefore can search the list easily (back to 2004)
> without any problems. I only included the http link for your
> edification. :-)

Ah, but how'd you find the link? Search engine? Maybe,... Google?

> > Cybe R. Wizard -doesn't really have any Winduhs stuff
>
> Oh, but you did in 2007 according to your post.

Really? Citation, please.

> *And* you still have
> the Windows CD that you obtained the file from in 2007 according to
> your post in this thread.

That CD would be Visioneer stuff made to use with Winduhs, not strictly
Winduhs stuff (of which I have none).

Really this just points up the fact that one cannot depend upon help
from people who can't understand the difference between, "technical
support," and, "technological support," even after it has been pointed
out to them numerous times. They are unlikely to understand the
difference between help-level checking and trolling.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
When the ax entered the forest, the trees said, "The handle is one of
us!"

Old 03-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Avi Greenbury

This thread stops here.

--
Avi.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Gilles Gravier

Hi,

On 07/03/2012 17:02, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> I didn't say it was a new problem nor one that hadn't already been
> solved. It isn't and has. I re-post it to see how (if) things have
> changed (not much).

As far as I am concerned, Cybe has lost all credibility, and all right
to receive any kind of attention on my side starting now. His question
wasn't one. It was just a test to find out if his delusional view of
this list was still correct (in his mind's eye, of course). Hasn't
changed. So my view on him is now set in stone.

Cybe doesn't deserve my attention on this list (or anywhere else, for
that matter).

As Avi said... this thread stops here.

Gilles.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Nolan

wrote:

[...]

Talking about help. ???

May I please ask why I have not had any response on my problem of
my SD card reader?

The problem still exists, and I have not been able to fine a
solution, except to buy and external usb reader.

Any one?

Thanks

Nolan

P.S. No I am not hijacking this thread! It fits.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Avi Greenbury

Nolan wrote:

> Talking about help. ???
> May I please ask why I have not had any response on my problem of my
> SD card reader? The problem still exists, and I have not been able to
> fine a solution, except to buy and external usb reader.

Usually it's because nobody here knows the answer either.

> P.S. No I am not hijacking this thread! It fits.

Not really, this isn't about a Visioneer OneTouch 7300

--
Avi.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Nolan

On 03/07/2012 12:21 PM, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Nolan wrote:
>
>> Talking about help. ???
>> May I please ask why I have not had any response on my problem of my
>> SD card reader? The problem still exists, and I have not been able to
>> fine a solution, except to buy and external usb reader.
> Usually it's because nobody here knows the answer either.
I thought about that, then reasoned that if that was /true/ none of you have a laptop with
the SD card reader working in Linux. Here Ubuntu-10.04 (Lucid Lynx).
>> P.S. No I am not hijacking this thread! It fits.
> Not really, this isn't about a Visioneer OneTouch 7300
True. But it was about the help from the list. :-P

Y'll keep up the good work.
Nolan