Old 03-03-2012, 07:30 PM
NoOp

Default was: "Nice legs, pity about the face"

On 03/03/2012 09:44 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 18:19:49 +0100
> Gilles Gravier <ggravier@fsfe.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Cybe,
>>
>> On 03/03/2012 18:13, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>> > I have a Visioneer OneTouch 7300 USB (flatbed scanner) that I'd like
>> > to use with Linux. Can you give me any hints at all as to how to get
>> > this done? I have the original CD but it is Winduhs-only apparently.
>> > Cybe R. Wizard -oh, yeah; it works just fine with Winduhs
>>
>> (X-)Sane, with the driver / backend for chipset : gt6816
>>
>> Have a look at : http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/
>>
>> Gilles.
>>
> From the site:
> "Firmware is the name of the firmware file that was provided by the
> vendor." That firmware file is, "Cis3r5b1.fw."
>
> I do have the Winduhs-only CD for scanner installation but after
> spending some time looking it over I can't seem to find that file
> anywhere on the CD.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

You found it in 2007...

<quote>
Luckily, the CD had a Scansoft directory that contained a Frontends
sub-directory wherein I found the program, fe32.exe. Running that with
WINE gave me the Windows installation and loaded the proper driver
into /home/cybe/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Visioneer OneTouch and
there it was; Cis3r5b1.fw, the driver I needed.
A little sudo gedit, open /usr/local/etc/gt68xx.conf and following the
directions there and on
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/adding.html
got the scanner up and running.
</quote>

<http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/index.html#FIRMWARE>
<quote>
There are some success reports with using WINE to install the Windows
driver. The installation crashes but the firmware file can be retrieved
from windows/System32/Drivers/ (or windows/) nevertheless. It may depend
on the wine version, one success report was with Codeweavers WINE.
</quote>

And given your "Cybe R. Wizard -oh, yeah; it works just fine with
Winduhs", you should be able to find the firmware file in Windows
without having to resort to WINE.