Old 03-03-2012, 11:25 AM
rahul sharma

Default Automated partitioning using Kickstart file failing in Ubuntu when booting over network

Hi All,

I am trying to perform network installation of ubuntu. I am able to setup a TFTP server, DHCP server and HTTP server. I added all the files in necessary places and booted the VM.

I am using QEMU emulator and I am providing 2 disks to it. Using system-config-kickstart , I generated the kickstart file and created 2 partitions, one for /boot in sda and second for / in sdb. What I am trying is to separate out filesystem and kernel. So I am creating /boot and / in kickstart file. Its specified in kickstart file as follows:-

clearpart --all --initlabel
part / --fstye ext3 --size 5000 --ondisk sdb
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 10000 --ondisk sda

But when I am doing network boot, then at the time of creating partitions, its not showing any partition created. Its creating its own partition table and that too for only one disk. Could you please help me in getting this done?

Thanks and Regards
Rahul Sharma