Old 03-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Basil Chupin

Default "Nice legs, pity about the face"

On 03/03/12 21:06, Alan Pope wrote:

On 03/03/12 05:43, Basil Chupin wrote:

Pity that there is no general 'discussion' list for K/Ubuntu - note
that I am talking tech discussion here - because I would have loved
to have posted a couple of messages of interest but as they do not
directly talk about K/Ubuntu I shall hang on to that interesting
information. Ah well......

Trolling the list with offtopic posts lamenting how you can't post
offtopic posts is also not what this list is for. It's a support list
as you well know. Keep this up and you'll be either moderated or
removed the list.

- --
Alan Pope

Engineering Manager

I have never "trolled" nor ever will "troll".

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Old 03-03-2012, 03:30 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 10:06:40 +0000
Alan Pope <alan.pope@canonical.com> wrote:

> Keep this up and you'll be either moderated or
> removed the list.

...and the velvet glove comes off just as I said it would. How long
now until the internet routes around Ubuntu? (see the .sig)

Cybe R. Wizard
--
"The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it."
John Seabrook

Old 03-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Alan Pope

On 3 Mar 2012, at 16:30, "Cybe R. Wizard" <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 10:06:40 +0000
> Alan Pope <alan.pope@canonical.com> wrote:
>
>> Keep this up and you'll be either moderated or
>> removed the list.
>
> ...and the velvet glove comes off just as I said it would. How long
> now until the internet routes around Ubuntu? (see the .sig)

How long until people realise this list is for technical support and not their own soapbox.

Using it to take public pot shots at me and other moderators will get you moderated too. Feel free to call it censorship but you're wrong.

Contribute to the list in a useful meaningful way or leave. Its as simple as that.

Al

Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 PM
"vladinator@gmail.com"

Welcome to the "Al Pope acts like a huge dick" show. Things like this are why people act out, Al. I will wear my badge od censorship with pride, all the while running something else on my servers and desktops. Ubuntu clearly has lost it's way.

Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!

Old 03-03-2012, 04:13 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 16:46:11 +0000
Alan Pope <alan.pope@canonical.com> wrote:

> On 3 Mar 2012, at 16:30, "Cybe R. Wizard"
> <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 10:06:40 +0000
> > Alan Pope <alan.pope@canonical.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Keep this up and you'll be either moderated or
> >> removed the list.
> >
> > ...and the velvet glove comes off just as I said it would. How long
> > now until the internet routes around Ubuntu? (see the .sig)
> >

> How long until people realise this list is for technical support and
> not their own soapbox.
>
> Using it to take public pot shots at me and other moderators will get
> you moderated too. Feel free to call it censorship but you're wrong.
>
> Contribute to the list in a useful meaningful way or leave. Its as
> simple as that.
>
> Al

Maybe you can (at last and after several years) help me with this
problem:
I have a Visioneer OneTouch 7300 USB (flatbed scanner) that I'd like to
use with Linux. Can you give me any hints at all as to how to get this
done? I have the original CD but it is Winduhs-only apparently.

Cybe R. Wizard -oh, yeah; it works just fine with Winduhs
--
Strength through Unity.
Unity through faith.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Gilles Gravier

Hi, Cybe,

On 03/03/2012 18:13, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> I have a Visioneer OneTouch 7300 USB (flatbed scanner) that I'd like
> to use with Linux. Can you give me any hints at all as to how to get
> this done? I have the original CD but it is Winduhs-only apparently.
> Cybe R. Wizard -oh, yeah; it works just fine with Winduhs

(X-)Sane, with the driver / backend for chipset : gt6816

Have a look at : http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/

Gilles.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 18:19:49 +0100
Gilles Gravier <ggravier@fsfe.org> wrote:

> Hi, Cybe,
>
> On 03/03/2012 18:13, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > I have a Visioneer OneTouch 7300 USB (flatbed scanner) that I'd like
> > to use with Linux. Can you give me any hints at all as to how to get
> > this done? I have the original CD but it is Winduhs-only apparently.
> > Cybe R. Wizard -oh, yeah; it works just fine with Winduhs
>
> (X-)Sane, with the driver / backend for chipset : gt6816
>
> Have a look at : http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/
>
> Gilles.

From the site:
"Firmware is the name of the firmware file that was provided by the
vendor." That firmware file is, "Cis3r5b1.fw."

I do have the Winduhs-only CD for scanner installation but after
spending some time looking it over I can't seem to find that file
anywhere on the CD.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Strength through Unity.