Old 02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Gerhard Magnus

Default is there a list for general discussions?

I've noticed this list is specifically for technical support issues. Is
there another ubuntu list for users of the gnome/unity desktop wanting
to discuss more general matters? (Things that are ubuntu related, of
course.)

Old 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Liam Proven

On 28 February 2012 17:43, Gerhard Magnus <magnus@agora.rdrop.com> wrote:
> I've noticed this list is specifically for technical support issues. Is
> there another ubuntu list for users of the gnome/unity desktop wanting to
> discuss more general matters? (Things that are ubuntu related, of course.)

The Bike Shed, which is Ubuntu Sounder reborn: bikeshed@googlegroups.com

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 02-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Ric Moore

I've noticed this list is specifically for technical support issues. Is
there another ubuntu list for users of the gnome/unity desktop wanting to
discuss more general matters? (Things that are ubuntu related, of course.)

The Bike Shed, which is Ubuntu Sounder reborn: bikeshed@googlegroups.com

Great list, I second that Liam. We do discuss all sorts of things,
including computers. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

I've noticed this list is specifically for technical support issues. Is
there another ubuntu list for users of the gnome/unity desktop
wanting to
discuss more general matters? (Things that are ubuntu related, of
course.)

The Bike Shed, which is Ubuntu Sounder reborn: bikeshed@googlegroups.com

Great list, I second that Liam. We do discuss all sorts of things,
including computers. Ric

And if you're brave (or is it foolhardy?), there is always MandrakeOT:
http://mandrakeot.mdw1982.com/ (yeah, parts of this page are outdated...
Gotta get on Mark about that...)

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy on the internet.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 AM
"Juan R. de Silva"

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:52:55 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:

> On 02/28/2012 01:17 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
>> On 28 February 2012 17:43, Gerhard Magnus<magnus@agora.rdrop.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I've noticed this list is specifically for technical support issues.
>>> Is there another ubuntu list for users of the gnome/unity desktop
>>> wanting to discuss more general matters? (Things that are ubuntu
>>> related, of course.)
>>
>> The Bike Shed, which is Ubuntu Sounder reborn:
>> bikeshed@googlegroups.com
>
> Great list, I second that Liam. We do discuss all sorts of things,
> including computers. Ric

BTW, is there any way to read that list using Pan or any other Newsreader?

Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Liam Proven

On 29 February 2012 05:36, Juan R. de Silva <juan.r.d.silva@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:52:55 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
>
>> On 02/28/2012 01:17 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
>>>
>>> The Bike Shed, which is Ubuntu Sounder reborn:
>>> bikeshed@googlegroups.com
>>
>> Great list, I second that Liam. We do discuss all sorts of things,
>> including computers. Ric
>
> BTW, is there any way to read that list using Pan or any other Newsreader?

But it's not a newsgroup, it's a mailing list!

I don't really understand why you'd want to, but I believe it is
possible to use GMANE that way.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 02-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Johnny

I've noticed this list is specifically for technical support issues.
Is there another ubuntu list for users of the gnome/unity desktop
wanting to discuss more general matters? (Things that are ubuntu
related, of course.)

The Bike Shed, which is Ubuntu Sounder reborn:
bikeshed@googlegroups.com

Great list, I second that Liam. We do discuss all sorts of things,
including computers. Ric

BTW, is there any way to read that list using Pan or any other Newsreader?

I don't think so. News groups are different that email list.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM
NoOp

On 02/28/2012 09:36 PM, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:52:55 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
>
>> On 02/28/2012 01:17 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
>>>
>>> The Bike Shed, which is Ubuntu Sounder reborn:
>>> bikeshed@googlegroups.com
>>
>> Great list, I second that Liam. We do discuss all sorts of things,
>> including computers. Ric
>
> BTW, is there any way to read that list using Pan or any other Newsreader?

You can read it via Googlegroups:
<http://groups.google.com/group/bikeshed?hl=en>
<http://groups.google.com/group/bikeshed/topics?hl=en>

For nntp: If someone subscribes the list to gmane.org
(http://gmane.org/subscribe.php) you'll be able to read & post from
there... gmane.org does carry googlegroups lists, example:
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.turbogears/10741>

Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Ric Moore

I've noticed this list is specifically for technical support issues.
Is there another ubuntu list for users of the gnome/unity desktop
wanting to discuss more general matters? (Things that are ubuntu
related, of course.)

The Bike Shed, which is Ubuntu Sounder reborn:
bikeshed@googlegroups.com

Great list, I second that Liam. We do discuss all sorts of things,
including computers. Ric

BTW, is there any way to read that list using Pan or any other
Newsreader?

I don't think so. News groups are different that email list.

You could use whatever passes for Pine these days. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 03-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Colin Law

On 1 March 2012 09:06, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/29/2012 09:28 AM, Johnny wrote:

>>> BTW, is there any way to read that list using Pan or any other
>>> Newsreader?
>>>

>> I don't think so. News groups are different that email list.
>>
> You could use whatever passes for Pine these days. Ric

Would it be foolish to point out the obvious - that this discussion
should be continued on the aforementioned bikeshed rather than here?

Colin