Old 02-27-2012, 08:52 PM
James

Default alternate (RAID1) install

Hello,

I've gotten to the point of setting up the disk.
using ubuntu-11.10-alternate-amd64.iso

OK, but what I want is /boot swap and /

2 identical 2TB drives (seagate)
So I have 3 partitions on each drive, identical
in size.

I can use the gui front end to set up
the Raid1 partitions on both disk, but then
they are do not have the file systems
(ext4 and swap) nor the mount points.

OR I can set up the drives, complete with filesystem,
mount points etc etc, but then when I try to put
the RAID1 on the partitions, I just seem to be doing something
wrong. Is their a document to follow? The doc for 9.10 :

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/SoftwareRAID

seems to not be useful for an 11.10 RAID-1 installation.

If there is no doc, is there a sequence that someone could outline
as I just cannot seem to get the configuration correct under
manual partitioning with the alternate iso for 11.10?

I tried the 12.04, but it would not even boot?

Guidance is most appreciated, as I know nothing about ubuntu,
but I'm not new to Ubuntu.

James