Old 02-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Koh Choon Lin

Default Mouse Click Error

Hi

On 11.10, whenever I clicked the sound volume/time/power section (top
RHS), the menu would show and disappear when I let go of the mouse.
This behaviour is not observed for other menu and for my second screen
(same section).

Fully updated system. Anyone know why?

Regards
Koh Choon Lin

Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Colin Law

On 26 February 2012 02:09, Koh Choon Lin <2choonlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 11.10, whenever I clicked the sound volume/time/power section (top
> RHS), the menu would show and disappear when I let go of the mouse.
> This behaviour is not observed for other menu and for my second screen
> (same section).

Are you using unity-2d by any chance? I think this was a bug in
unity-2d with dual screen setup. It has been fixed in the version on
12.04 and also (I think) in the unity-2d daily ppa which I used
latterly before moving to 12.04 alpha. If you google for that you
should be able to find it.

Colin

Old 02-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Koh Choon Lin

Hi

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 26 February 2012 02:09, Koh Choon Lin <2choonlin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On 11.10, whenever I clicked the sound volume/time/power section (top
>> RHS), the menu would show and disappear when I let go of the mouse.
>> This behaviour is not observed for other menu and for my second screen
>> (same section).
>
> Are you using unity-2d by any chance? *I think this was a bug in
> unity-2d with dual screen setup. *It has been fixed in the version on
> 12.04 and also (I think) in the unity-2d daily ppa which I used
> latterly before moving to 12.04 alpha. *If you google for that you
> should be able to find it.

Yeah, I am using Unity 2D. Hope 11.10 would soon have the update.

Koh Choon Lin

Old 02-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Colin Law

On 26 February 2012 10:04, Koh Choon Lin <2choonlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 26 February 2012 02:09, Koh Choon Lin <2choonlin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> On 11.10, whenever I clicked the sound volume/time/power section (top
>>> RHS), the menu would show and disappear when I let go of the mouse.
>>> This behaviour is not observed for other menu and for my second screen
>>> (same section).
>>
>> Are you using unity-2d by any chance? *I think this was a bug in
>> unity-2d with dual screen setup. *It has been fixed in the version on
>> 12.04 and also (I think) in the unity-2d daily ppa which I used
>> latterly before moving to 12.04 alpha. *If you google for that you
>> should be able to find it.
>>

> Yeah, I am using Unity 2D. Hope 11.10 would soon have the update.

The bug is
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-2d/+bug/869196
and looking at the comments it appears that it may not be released for
11.10. If you find it annoying and don't want to wait for 12.04 then
you could try the unity-2d ppa. I used this on 11.10 with very few
problems.
https://launchpad.net/~unity-2d-team/+archive/unity-2d-daily

Colin

> Koh Choon Lin