Old 02-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Dumisani Nkosi

Default Software Update Error

I am getting the following error when attempting to update

An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and
include the following error message:

'E:Malformed line 54 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (URI parse)'

Dumi

Old 02-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Jkhatri

I am getting the following error when attempting to update

An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and
include the following error message:

'E:Malformed line 54 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (URI parse)'

Dumi

try

sudo apt-get clean

or

sudo apt-get autoclean

then try to update , see what happens ??

--

*/

Jatin
Khatri

RHCSA RHCE CCNA

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save
Paper, Save Environment.**

(Plant
at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)

Old 02-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Colin Law

On 25 February 2012 07:30, Dumisani Nkosi <wis3634@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting the following error when attempting to update
>
> An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.
>
> Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and
> include the following error message:
>
> 'E:Malformed line 54 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (URI parse)'

What is on that line?

Colin