Old 02-24-2012, 08:51 PM
larst

Default PC freeze after start script

Hello list,

i have a problem with porting my running scripts to another Host maschine.
On the first maschine i build a Mayavi GUI with python. all runs perfekt on
my Ubuntu 10.04 Intel Duo Core i3-330 2.13GHZ. Now i'd like to port this on
a Quad core i5 3.33GHZ also running Ubuntu 10.04.
I used the same scripts and installed Mayavi over packet installer (mayavi2)
both.

Now the problem is, that sometimes the Gui run short and then freeze or it
freeze directly. all in all it seems to be random when it freeze.

Now my Question is, what goes wrong? What i have to take into account
switching Host systems?

some hints will be very helpfully.

thanks lars

Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 PM
larst

hi again,

i figure out that it seems to be an achitecture problem. i get the code
running under a Virtual Box.

with "uname -a" i figure out that VB has i686 and the Host has x86_86. The
Dual Core has the same i686.

so it is possible to change the Host from x86_86 to i686?

thanks a lot

lars