Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Mark Panen

Default Boot with boot messages

On 24/02/2012 05:18, Dustin Oprea wrote:

If you were a little less lazy, you could have done a*search
for "ubuntu remove boot splash", and would have seen, as the
very first link, the following.

(http://anonir.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/ubuntu-lucid-disable-boot-splash/)

Open
/etc/default/grub for editing and remove “quiet splash”
options from the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT property.

For
example, if your grub has this line:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet
splash"

Change it
to this:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""

Dustin

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Mark
Panen <mark.panen@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

How do i set 11.10 to boot up with all the boot messages
instead of the red dots across the screen?

--

Cheers

Mark

Thank you kindly dear sir, i was entering the incorrect keywords in
google.

--
Cheers
Mark

Old 02-24-2012, 03:52 AM
Jkhatri

If you were a little less lazy, you could have done a*search
for "ubuntu remove boot splash", and would have seen, as the
very first link, the following.

(http://anonir.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/ubuntu-lucid-disable-boot-splash/)

Open
/etc/default/grub for editing and remove “quiet splash”
options from the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT property.

For
example, if your grub has this line:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet
splash"

Change it
to this:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""

Are you sure ..this works on the version 11.10* as the OP asking
????

Warm Regards

--

*/

Jatin
Khatri

RHCSA RHCE CCNA

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save
Paper, Save Environment.**

(Plant
at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)

Old 02-24-2012, 05:27 AM
Jkhatri