Old 02-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Dustin Oprea

Default useing Xfce

What does "unable to install" mean?

Dustin

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Craig Huffstetler <craig.huffstetler@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:19, Douglas Pollard <dougpol1@verizon.net> wrote:

...Can someone help?...
Sure. Logout and select XFCE as your desktop manager. The dialog box looks similar to:http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/images/xfceoneiricthumb03.jpg

Cheers,
Craig

Old 02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Douglas Pollard

wrote:

...Can someone help?...

Sure. Logout and select XFCE as your desktop manager. The
dialog box looks similar to:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/images/xfceoneiricthumb03.jpg

Cheers,

Craig

Ok* I know how to open Xfce and and am presently using it, but have
been unable to install programs that I want, using Ubuntu software
center or* synaptic package manager.* When I click on the install
button it does not install and does not ask for verification.****
Doug

Old 02-23-2012, 04:56 PM
"compdoc"

> When I click on the install button it does not install and does not ask for verification.*
*
I have the same problem when running the older gnome desktop on 11.10. I think it breaks the verification dialog box.
*
Try running the Ubuntu software center or* synaptic package manager using sudo, or, use sudo apt-get install in terminal...
*