Old 02-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Mukul Malhotra

Default Automatic (DHCP) addresses only in Ubuntu

Hi,

I want to customize Ubuntu 11.04 environment & I want modify the Auto eth0 (ethernet interface) interface attributes/parameters of ipv4 setting
through CLI as,Choose the IPv4 Settings tab

From the Method drop-down, choose Automatic (DHCP) addresses only

How can I achieve the same for ethernet interface* (eth0) through command line

Thanks

Mukm

Old 02-21-2012, 03:53 PM

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:09, Mukul Malhotra <smilemukul2005@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to customize Ubuntu 11.04 environment & I want modify the Auto eth0
> (ethernet interface) interface attributes/parameters of ipv4 setting
> through CLI as,
>
> Choose the IPv4 Settings tab
>
> From the Method drop-down, choose Automatic (DHCP) addresses only
>
> How can I achieve the same for ethernet interface* (eth0) through command
> line
>
> Thanks
>
> Mukm

you should look at the file /etc/network/interfaces

and you should also read the man page for the interfaces file

man interfaces

which will tell you how to set up entries for various devices in the
interfaces file.