Old 04-03-2008, 12:31 PM
musicman

Default default unzip in hardy?

Hola

I _know_ it's beta, but Hardy doesn't seem to have a menu link to
archiver or whatever the default (un)zip/rar/tar/7z/etc package is in
ubuntu?

that seems strange to me - shouldnt that be default on a desktop install?

L.

--
Even certified experts know that they don't know what they don't know.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Peter Garrett

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 23:31:48 +1100
musicman <datakid@gmail.com> wrote:

> I _know_ it's beta, but Hardy doesn't seem to have a menu link to
> archiver or whatever the default (un)zip/rar/tar/7z/etc package is in
> ubuntu?

This seems to be part of the "users don't need menu entries because
nautilus does it when you click on a file" push. You can create or find a
menu entry by right-clicking the Applications menu and selecting the menu
editor.

Here, it is under Accessories as Archive Manager ( command: file-roller ).
It is "hidden by default"... I am not currently looking at my Hardy
install, though, so it might be different.

> that seems strange to me - shouldnt that be default on a desktop install?

There have been various flame wars ^w^w ... sorry, "reasoned debates in
the Ubuntu spirit" about these kinds of decisions

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net