Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 AM
"Klett, Stefan"

Default xen sources hardy

Hi altogether,

I'm trying to build a minimal ubuntu hardy heron system running xen as
Dom0 and some instances for servers in DomUs - a project requirement is
to make the kernel monolithic. Up to now I'm still using the prebuilt
linux-image-2.6.24-xen which does not fulfill this requirement. Maybe
it's because I'm quite new to Ubuntu I don't know much about how the ftp
server is organized - I could not find the source package to
linux-image-2.6.24-xen. Is there a source package that contains the
2.6.24 linux-source with the xen patches
applied, ready to be recompiled to be used with hardy ?
If yes - please post me an URL - if no I'd appreciate for hints to
alternatives..

Thank You very much in advance
Best regards
Stefan

Stefan Klett (Dipl. Informatiker) | E-mail: stefan.klett@kit.edu
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe / KIT | Web: http://www.fzk.de
SCC Steinbuch Centre for Computing| Phone: +49 (0)7247 828649
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1 | Fax: +49 (0)7247 824972
D-76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen | Mobile: +49 (0)176 20317250

Old 04-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Markus Schönhaber

Klett, Stefan wrote:

> I'm trying to build a minimal ubuntu hardy heron system running xen as
> Dom0 and some instances for servers in DomUs - a project requirement is
> to make the kernel monolithic. Up to now I'm still using the prebuilt
> linux-image-2.6.24-xen which does not fulfill this requirement. Maybe
> it's because I'm quite new to Ubuntu I don't know much about how the ftp
> server is organized - I could not find the source package to
> linux-image-2.6.24-xen. Is there a source package that contains the
> 2.6.24 linux-source with the xen patches
> applied, ready to be recompiled to be used with hardy ?
> If yes - please post me an URL - if no I'd appreciate for hints to
> alternatives..

AFAIK there's no special source package for the Xen kernel. Instead,
you'll have to do something like
apt-get source linux-source-2.6.24
With that, you can build the xen flavour of the kernel.
Take a look for FLAVOUR here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kernel/Compile

Regards
mks