Old 04-03-2008, 05:56 AM
"Raseel Bhagat"

Default Gnome-terminal tabs descriptions

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 2:50 AM, Evan <evangerard@gmail.com> wrote:

I currently use gnome-terminal to ssh to Cisco and Juniper devices.

When I'm telnetted into various devices I cannot tell which devices

I'm in through the tabs. *Is there a way that the gnome-terminal title

window can dynamically show devices that it is telnetted to?
If you do not have too many tabs open, you can manually go to "Terminal -> Set Title" and set the required title.
Otherwise, you can modify the Prompt String (PS1) which usually set as the title.

See http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-linux-unix-bash-shell-setup-prompt.html on what you can set the PS1 to.

Thanks,
Raseel

http://www.raseel.in