Old 04-03-2008, 05:06 AM
Rashkae

Default how to change my gateway

stin wang wrote:
> i make some mistake about my gateway setting,it should be set to
> 172.18.20.126, but i enter as 172.18.20.64
>
> so i want to correct it.
>
> first method i tried, i use gui to change it ,and i restart network ,but
> route is still 172.18.20.64
> 2 method i tried, sudo gedit /etc/network/interfaces
>
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> iface eth0 inet static
> address 172.18.20.87
> netmask 255.255.255.224
> gateway 172.18.20.64
>
> auto eth0
>
> i change gateway to 172.18.20.126 and then
> sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
> but it said siccaddrt:no such process
> failed to bring up eth0
>
> how to fix it

There's probably a proper debian way to do it. In a pinch, a restart
should fix it once you've made the changes to the config file. But
there's always good ol' fashioned way

sudo route add default gw 172.18.20.126

Old 04-03-2008, 05:24 AM
"Raseel Bhagat"

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Rashkae <ubuntu@tigershaunt.com> wrote:

stin wang wrote:

> i make some mistake about my gateway setting,it should be set to

> 172.18.20.126, but i enter as 172.18.20.64

> so i want to correct it.

*But

there's always good ol' fashioned way

sudo route add default gw 172.18.20.126

Yeah,* the above is the best method to add the route.
But just ping your Gateway first to make sure your device can reach it. I say this because you got the error :

"siccaddrt:no such process"

Thanks,
Raseel