Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Colin Law

Default ubuntu 10.10 not recognizing nikon coolpix usb digital camera device

On 13 February 2012 15:04, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
> I am using ubuntu 10.10 32 bit 2.6.35-32
> I bought a new nikon coolpix digital camera
> It did recognize the camera first time and I could copy images to my hd.
> Now it will not recognize this usb device any more
> Other usb devices like usb mouse and external hd are recognised ok.
> The camera is not recognized in puppy linux neither

Have you changed the setup in the camera? Many cameras can be
configured in two ways for usb access, as a file system or an
alternative method (whose TLA elludes me at the moment). If you can
find that setting then try the other method.

Colin

Old 02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Colin Law

On 13 February 2012 15:15, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 13 February 2012 15:04, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
>> I am using ubuntu 10.10 32 bit 2.6.35-32
>> I bought a new nikon coolpix digital camera
>> It did recognize the camera first time and I could copy images to my hd.
>> Now it will not recognize this usb device any more
>> Other usb devices like usb mouse and external hd are recognised ok.
>> The camera is not recognized in puppy linux neither
>
> Have you changed the setup in the camera? *Many cameras can be
> configured in two ways for usb access, as a file system or an
> alternative method (whose TLA elludes me at the moment). *If you can
> find that setting then try the other method.

Also you can open a terminal and enter
dmesg
after plugging in the camera, that may give you a clue. You should
see messages recognising the usb device when it is plugged in.

Colin

Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
user1

>> Have you changed the setup in the camera? *Many cameras can be
>> configured in two ways for usb access, as a file system or an
>> alternative method (whose TLA elludes me at the moment). *If you can
>> find that setting then try the other method.
File system DCF, Exif 2.3, and DPOF compliant
Still looking but inserting the memory card into the SD slot of the pc
works ok

> Also you can open a terminal and enter dmesg
> after plugging in the camera, that may give you a clue. You should see
> messages recognising the usb device when it is plugged in.

Tried that did not see anything