Old 04-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Avi Schwartz

Default 8.04 beta to 8.04 final?

I am about to get a new laptop in the next few days and I would like to
install 8.04 right now rather then install 7.04 and then upgrade to
8.04. What would it take to update from the beta version to the final
version? Will changing the repositories and running apt-get update
followed by apt-get dist-upgrade enough to do the update?

Avi

Old 04-03-2008, 12:46 AM
"Senectus ."

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Avi Schwartz
<ubuntu-users874@cfftechnologies.com> wrote:
> I am about to get a new laptop in the next few days and I would like to
> install 8.04 right now rather then install 7.04 and then upgrade to
> 8.04. What would it take to update from the beta version to the final
> version? Will changing the repositories and running apt-get update
> followed by apt-get dist-upgrade enough to do the update?

I am running 8.04 (and it's a cracker!), you shouldn't need to change
repositories when it goes final.
Just do an update when they announce it's final and it will make it
final (As I understand it anyhow).

--
Ubuntu Hardy 8.04
The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono