Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Default User

Default font display problem - Freeplane 1.1.3 on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit

Hello.

There seems to be a very aggravating font display problem when runnung
the Freeplane 1.1.3 concept-mapping program using Ubuntu 11.10, 64-bit
version. The "maps" display okay at 100% zoom level. But when zoomed
to any higher zoom levels, the characters show red and light blue
"artifacts", most often as very thin vertical line segments.

This does not go away by changing to a different font within
Freeplane, but is least evident when the Ubuntu mono font is selected.

I don't think this is a problem with my graphics hardware or device
driver (I just use whatever was selected by default by Ubuntu when I
did a fresh install of 11.10 in 2011-10), since this problem does not
occur when running any other program on this system. And Freeplane
was installed, unmodified, by the Ubuntu "Software Store".

This is disappointing, because Freeplane seems to be an otherwise
very good program. But the 100% zoom level is just to small, and the
appearance at the higher zoom levels is, to me, so visually
nerve-jangling as to make it virtually unusable.

Has anyone else seen this problem?