Old 02-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Avi Greenbury

Default Graphical "intrusion detection systems" and "intrusion prevention systems"

Ioannis Vranos wrote:

> I have been reading a book about Linux administration, and it is
> mentioning network security tools like Snort.
>
> However this is complex stuff. Do you know any simple, with GUI front
> end, "intrusion detection systems" (IDS), and "intrusion prevention
> systems" (IPS)?

The ususal solution to this is to use snort or tripwire or whatever and
find a GUI app that parses its logs. It's quite common that the sorts
of machines running the IDS can't display GUI apps.

I'm afraid I've no reccomendations, though.

--
Avi.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Avi Greenbury

Jacob Mansfield wrote:

> On 11 Feb 2012, at 17:52, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> > I have been reading a book about Linux administration, and it is
> > mentioning network security tools like Snort.
> >
> > However this is complex stuff. Do you know any simple, with GUI
> > front end, "intrusion detection systems" (IDS), and "intrusion
> > prevention systems" (IPS)?
>
> IDS and IPS are more to do with physical security, eg. door locks and
> motion sensors JACOB MANSFIELD / Lead Developer

Not the software ones

--
Avi