Old 02-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Ric Moore

Default Just a heads up regarding failed harddrives

Something I didn't know, but found out in a fit of desperation, is that
you can buy the PC board for a failed drive fairly cheap, if you suspect
that the drive had a board failure. It cost me $35 to replace mine,
which fried when I installed a new power supply that went claws up on
me. It came with a little special screwdriver, just unscrewed the
mounting screws and it came right off. I then installed the new PC board
to it and it's running like a charm. It took about 5 minutes. I won't
spam the list, but if you need something like that, I'll give you the
name of the outfit I used, who I'm really happy with, privately. FYI. Ric