Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Default Switch to TTY1 on Ubuntu 11.10/MacBook Pro?

Just installed 11.10 on my MacBook Pro.
Question is (and searching has yeilded nothing helpful) how to switch to
TTY1? [CTRL][ALT][F1] does nothing....

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy on the internet.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Dave Woyciesjes
<woyciesjes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> * * * *Just installed 11.10 on my MacBook Pro.
> Question is (and searching has yeilded nothing helpful) how to switch to
> TTY1? [CTRL][ALT][F1] does nothing....

Did you install it natively, or in a virtual machine?

If you installed it natively, I suppose you have tried this, however I
have to ask. Have you tried Ctrl-Alt-F2, Ctrl-Alt-F3, etc?

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com

Old 02-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Dave Woyciesjes
Question is (and searching has yeilded nothing helpful) how to switch to
TTY1? [CTRL][ALT][F1] does nothing....

Did you install it natively, or in a virtual machine?

If you installed it natively, I suppose you have tried this, however I
have to ask. Have you tried Ctrl-Alt-F2, Ctrl-Alt-F3, etc?

Installed direct. And yes, tried those, no luck.
ISTR a while back something about the TTYs being disabled, but
haven't found any reference to that, or how to re-enable that....

Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 PM
"David C. Curtis"

Question is (and searching has yeilded nothing helpful) how to switch to
TTY1? [CTRL][ALT][F1] does nothing....

At the risk of insulting your intelligence, do you need to hit the Fn
key to use F1-F12? Do MacBooks even have that key?

Old 02-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Dave Woyciesjes