Old 02-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Leandro Quibem Magnabosco

Default Import "live" box to KVM.

Hi

I need to import a server that has hard disk issues to another machine
as a VM.

To do that I have to generate images from the disks.
However, the disks are divided in several partitions and the mount
points of those are vital for the system to work, like /var, /usr and
/home for httpd, etc.

How should I generate those images to ensure the system import to KVM
works properly?

Thank you,
Leandro Quibem Magnabosco.
leandroqm@gmail.com

Old 02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
"compdoc"

> How should I generate those images to ensure the system import to KVM
> works properly?

I've always used clonezilla to create an image of a single disk to transfer
to a VM, but I've never tried with multiple disks. Still, it might work...

You create the image to a network share, and then boot clonezilla within the
VM and restore the image to the virtual disks.