Old 02-09-2012, 03:54 AM
Adoris9211

Default HP laptop overheating

On Feb 8, 2012, at 10:11 PM, Thiago Cavalcante wrote:

> My HP Pavilion dv5 1260br slow and freezing. After three months of trying, I migrated to Ubuntu for Lubuntu. The temperature down 30C

Generally HP laptops are always hotter and noisier than others regardless of the distro running within them.

We Chinese people say "Buy an HP, get a free heater" and "HP laptops are powerful because they have tractor engines built-in".

Adoris

--
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:01 AM
anon hung

> Sorry, I changed my Ubuntu 11.10 64Bits to Lubuntu 11.10 64Bits
> With Lubuntu problem solved.

Did you use composite?

> 2012/2/8 Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com>
>>
>> On 8 February 2012 14:11, Thiago Cavalcante <tlcavalcante@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > My HP Pavilion dv5 1260br slow and freezing. After three months of
>> > trying, I
>> > migrated to Ubuntu for Lubuntu. The temperature down 30C
>>
>> Is that *to* Ubuntu *from* Lubuntu or the other way around, or to
>> Ubuntu/Lubuntu from something else?
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> --

Viktor Orban Prime minister of Hungary
http://spreadingviktororban.weebly.com

Old 02-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Icarus Alive

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Adoris9211 <adoriswang9210@aol.com> wrote:

On Feb 8, 2012, at 10:11 PM, Thiago Cavalcante wrote:

> My HP Pavilion dv5 1260br slow and freezing. After three months of trying, I migrated to Ubuntu for Lubuntu. The temperature down 30C

Generally HP laptops are always hotter and noisier than others regardless of the distro running within them.

We Chinese people say "Buy an HP, get a free heater" and "HP laptops are powerful because they have tractor engines built-in".

Not sure if that level of generalization is valid. Indeed HP (as all other Laptop manufacturers) has some lousy el-cheapo bottom-of-the-rack consumer laptops, but having owned 8 odd laptops in last 15 years, of which 7 were HP/Compaq, only 1 (Presarion CQ42) has a heating issue, which is noticibly higher than usual. I own another Acer, and used 2 Dells and 1 Lenovo (employer provided). The Acer is about as cool or as hot as the other Compaq's. The 2 Dells seem to run a shade warmer than most of the HPs. Nothing remarkable about Lenovo either. But then, it depends on model, style of usage (e.g. some people use laptops placed directly on their bed), which is a strick no-no, as it blocks air-vents, and prevents cpu cooling airflow.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Olivier Pavilla

Le 09/02/2012 05:54, Adoris9211 a écrit :
[cut]>
> We Chinese people say "Buy an HP, get a free heater" and "HP laptops are powerful because they have tractor engines built-in".

You forgot to mention most of laptop sell in China (Made in China of
course) are rubbish from mass production which can't be retail in
western world. I bought Acer Laptop in Zhongguancun *关村. It was noisy
and really hot. No way to play openarena except in beijing winter.
I had 3 probook HP. They were powerful. They were save power. More than
3 hours. They were not noisy nor hot neither.

--
Olivier Pavilla
http://www.linux-squad.com

Old 02-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Basil Chupin

We Chinese people say "Buy an HP, get a free heater" and "HP laptops are powerful because they have tractor engines built-in".

You forgot to mention most of laptop sell in China (Made in China of
course) are rubbish from mass production which can't be retail in
western world. I bought Acer Laptop in Zhongguancun *关村. It was noisy
and really hot. No way to play openarena except in beijing winter.
I had 3 probook HP. They were powerful. They were save power. More than
3 hours. They were not noisy nor hot neither.

I consider your remarks to be most disingenuous.

Considering that you wouldn't even be able to survive without using
something in your daily grind which has not been manufactured in China,
to say that you suddenly came across some laptop which was "not rubbish"
is being, to say it nicely, just a lot of horse manure (and in polite
company normally referred to as unadulterated 'Bullshit').

BC

--
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Olivier Pavilla
<olivier.pavilla@linux-squad.com> wrote:
> Le 09/02/2012 05:54, Adoris9211 a écrit :
> [cut]>
>> We Chinese people say "Buy an HP, get a free heater" and "HP laptops are powerful because they have tractor engines built-in".
>>

> You forgot to mention most of laptop sell in China (Made in China of
> course) are rubbish from mass production which can't be retail in
> western world. I bought Acer Laptop in Zhongguancun *关村. It was noisy
> and really hot. No way to play openarena except in beijing winter.
> I had 3 probook HP. They were powerful. They were save power. More than
> 3 hours. They were not noisy nor hot neither.

From my relatively small experience with Acer, I think its laptops are
low quality, and generally overheating. Personally I will avoid
getting an Acer again. And I am in Greece, Europe.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com

Old 02-10-2012, 01:59 AM
"Sharl.Jimh.Tsin"

在 2012-02-09四的 16:54 +0200,Ioannis Vranos写道:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Olivier Pavilla
> <olivier.pavilla@linux-squad.com> wrote:
> > Le 09/02/2012 05:54, Adoris9211 a écrit :
> > [cut]>
> >> We Chinese people say "Buy an HP, get a free heater" and "HP laptops are powerful because they have tractor engines built-in".
> >>

> > You forgot to mention most of laptop sell in China (Made in China of
> > course) are rubbish from mass production which can't be retail in
> > western world. I bought Acer Laptop in Zhongguancun *关村. It was noisy
> > and really hot. No way to play openarena except in beijing winter.
> > I had 3 probook HP. They were powerful. They were save power. More than
> > 3 hours. They were not noisy nor hot neither.

not ALL please,i bought a HP laptop which mode is Compaq 6510b in
ZhongGuanCun 2007, it works perfect and still works now.

> From my relatively small experience with Acer, I think its laptops are
> low quality, and generally overheating. Personally I will avoid
> getting an Acer again. And I am in Greece, Europe.
>

> --
> Ioannis Vranos
>
> http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.