Old 02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Ioannis Vranos

Default banshee listening to port 8089

OS: Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit.

Hi all,

In my system, Banshee is listening on port 8089. Is this normal? What
exactly is it listening for?

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com

Old 02-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Ioannis Vranos <ioannis.vranos@gmail.com> wrote:
> OS: Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit.
>
> Hi all,
>
> In my system, Banshee is listening on port 8089. Is this normal? What
> exactly is it listening for?

When I conenct with web browser to port 8089, I get an HTML page with this text:

Available Databases

No databases found. Connect to a share in Banshee.

Generated on 8/2/2012 6:17:12 ΜΜ by Banshee DAAP Extension (http://banshee.fm)

Old 02-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Ioannis Vranos <ioannis.vranos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Ioannis Vranos <ioannis.vranos@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OS: Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit.
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In my system, Banshee is listening on port 8089. Is this normal? What
>> exactly is it listening for?
>
> When I conenct with web browser to port 8089, I get an HTML page with this text:
>
> Available Databases
>
> * *No databases found. Connect to a share in Banshee.
>
> Generated on 8/2/2012 6:17:12 ΜΜ by Banshee DAAP Extension (http://banshee.fm)

Removing the package banshee-extension-ubuntuonemusicstore, removes
this service.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Ioannis Vranos <ioannis.vranos@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I conenct with web browser to port 8089, I get an HTML page with this text:
>>
>> Available Databases
>>
>> * *No databases found. Connect to a share in Banshee.
>>
>> Generated on 8/2/2012 6:17:12 ΜΜ by Banshee DAAP Extension (http://banshee.fm)
>
> Removing the package banshee-extension-ubuntuonemusicstore, removes
> this service.

My mistake. The port opens when you listen to radio stations with banshee.

Nothing to do with banshee-extension-ubuntuonemusicstore.