Old 02-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Peng Yu

Default multiple downloads with scp

Hi,

scp seems to only allow single thread download when I want scp a
directory of files. Is there way to download multiple files
simultanously with scp? Or is there some similar tool that allow
simultaneous download?

Peng

Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Paulo Sampaio

Hi,*

You could tar the files and download them at once, better with gzip so you can speed up the transfer.

tar -cvzf file.tar.gz /diretory/with/files

Atenciosamente,
__
Paulo Sampaio

http://devio.us/~psampaio/