Old 02-08-2012, 03:40 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Alt + Tab to rotate through full size windows instead of thumbnails

On 08/02/12 15:28, Asif Iqbal wrote:

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to get the old alt+tab behavior where I can
rotate through full
size windows instead of thumbnail or shrinked size windows.

I am using ubuntu 11.10 64bit desktop.

Thanks

Keyboard Shortcuts, possibly?

BC

--
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Asif Iqbal

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 08/02/12 15:28, Asif Iqbal wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am looking for a way to get the old alt+tab behavior where I can
>> rotate through full
>> size windows instead of thumbnail or shrinked size windows.
>>
>> I am using ubuntu 11.10 64bit desktop.
>>
>> Thanks
>

> Keyboard Shortcuts, possibly?

Alt+Tab is mapped to Switch Applications.

What should it be mapped to to toggle between Active Application windows?

I tried to map Alt+Tab to the following and none behave the way I wanted

Switch windows of an application
Toggle window on all workspaces or one

> BC
>
> --
> Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Basil Chupin

I am looking for a way to get the old alt+tab behavior where I can
rotate through full
size windows instead of thumbnail or shrinked size windows.

I am using ubuntu 11.10 64bit desktop.

Thanks

Keyboard Shortcuts, possibly?

Alt+Tab is mapped to Switch Applications.

What should it be mapped to to toggle between Active Application windows?

I tried to map Alt+Tab to the following and none behave the way I wanted

Switch windows of an application
Toggle window on all workspaces or one
Sorry, I don't know the answer but seeing as how you had this in the
past then the combination to achieve this must already be known. Have
you tried doing a search on the net for this, or how about Launchpad?

BC

--
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Ioannis Vranos

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for a way to get the old alt+tab behavior where I can
> rotate through full
> size windows instead of thumbnail or shrinked size windows.
>
> I am using ubuntu 11.10 64bit desktop.
>
> Thanks

I think it is Alt-` (` is on the left of 1, on a qwerty keyboard) what
you are looking for.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com