Old 04-02-2008, 04:59 PM
NoOp

Default Scrolling problem with firefox 3 on Ubuntu 8.04

On 04/02/2008 03:35 AM, Indika Rupasinghe wrote:
> Hi,
> I upgraded my Ubuntu 7.10 to Ubuntu 8.04 beta and I found that the built in
> Firefox 3 beta 4 not supporting for scrolling well. The scrolling is very
> slow and it worked fine with firefox 2.0.xxx.
> Also scrolling working well with other programs and only issue is for most
> important Firefox only.
>
> My pc is branded hp desktop with Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz and 1Gb
> of memory.
>
> Indika.

You can easily uninstall it and install FF2 from Synaptic - search
'firefox' and install firefox-2 and firefox-2-gnome-support. Remove
firefox, firefox-3.0, and fireforx-3.0-gnome-support. Afterwards, remove
the FF3 icon from the panel and put the FF2 icon on the panel
(Applications|Internet|Firefox 2 Web Browser - right click & 'Add this
launcher to panel).

If you want, you can have both installed at the same time. Just install
firefox-2 and firefox-2-gnome-support. Then change the panel icons as
above. If you want to run FF3 it will still be listed in the
Applications|Internet| menu. Note: you cannot run them both at the same
time.

If you want an integrated browser, mail client, html editor, and chat
client, I'd recommend installing SeaMonkey - it's in Synaptic in 8.04,
just search 'seamonkey'. I highly recomend it. Also see:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/