Old 02-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Adam Funk

Default Firefox 10 upgrade: can't force installation of Tab Utilities add-on

I took the upgrade to Firefox 10 this morning & have regretted it all
day. It declared the Tab Utilites add-on incompatible & I have tried
the following ways to make it suck it up:

1. about:config and set all extensions.checkCompatibility* to "false";
they were all false anyway;

2. add extensions.checkCompatibility.10.0 and
extensions.checkCompatibility.10.0a and set them to false;

3. unzip the xpi file, edit install.rdf to change the value of
<em:maxVersion> to "99.9", zip it back up;

4. same as #3, but with "*" instead of "99.9".

Every time, I get "Tab Utilities could not be installed because it is
not compatible with Firefox 10.0". This is the most difficult add-on
problem I've seen yet --- even though FF 10 is supposed to be more
tolerant of this. Any other suggestions on how to make FF accept this
add-on?

Thanks,
Adam