Old 02-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Swapnil Bhartiya

Default How to switch to TTY in VirtualBox?

Hi,

I am testing Ubuntu 12.04 in virtualbox. How to I switch to TTY? It's
obvious that when I hit Ctrl+Alt+F1.... it switches the main OS to TTY.

Swapnil Bhartiya

Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 AM
Jared Norris

On 2 February 2012 16:44, Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing Ubuntu 12.04 in virtualbox. How to I switch to TTY? It's
> obvious that when I hit Ctrl+Alt+F1.... it switches the main OS to TTY.
>
> Swapnil Bhartiya

Just tested my memory, you need to use the "host" key plus the F1 (or
whatever tty you're trying to get to). By default the host key is the
right control key.

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 AM
Swapnil Bhartiya

I am testing Ubuntu 12.04 in virtualbox. How to I switch to TTY? It's
obvious that when I hit Ctrl+Alt+F1.... it switches the main OS to TTY.

Swapnil Bhartiya

Just tested my memory, you need to use the "host" key plus the F1 (or
whatever tty you're trying to get to). By default the host key is the
right control key.

Excellent. right Ctrl key + F1.... worked. Been struggling for a few
days. Love the community and support :-)

Swapnil Bhartiya