Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 AM
"Michael Vaknine"

Default autofs not workung for me

Hi,
¬*
I am trying to use autofs and it is not working for me.
I have a very simple configuration
¬*
Auto.master
¬*
¬*
# Sample auto.master file
# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# For details of the format look at autofs(5).
#
#/misc¬* /etc/auto.misc
#
# NOTE: mounts done from a hosts map will be mounted with the
#¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* "nosuid" and "nodev" options unless the "suid" and "dev"
#¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* options are explicitly given.
#
#/net¬*¬* -hosts
#
# Include central master map if it can be found using
# nsswitch sources.
#
# Note that if there are entries for /net or /misc (as
# above) in the included master map any keys that are the
# same will not be seen as the first read key seen takes
# precedence.
#
#+auto.master
/home/lookin2/filestore¬*¬* /etc/auto.filestore
¬*
Auto.filestore
/home/lookin2/filestore -fstype=nfs¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* 192.168.80.14:/home/lookin2/filestore
¬*
When I run automount ‚Äďf ‚Äďv I get
¬*
Starting automounter version 5.0.4, master map /etc/auto.master
using kernel protocol version 5.01
mounted indirect on /home/lookin2/filestore with timeout 300, freq 75 seconds
¬*
the folder filestore is created but it is not mounted it remains empty no mather what I do.
¬*
Any help will be aprichiated.
¬*
Thanks
Michael
¬*

Old 01-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Joseph Loo

am trying to use autofs and it is not working for me.

have a very simple configuration

¬*

Auto.master

¬*

¬*

#
Sample auto.master file

#
This is an automounter map and it has the following format

#
key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location

#
For details of the format look at autofs(5).

#

#/misc¬*
/etc/auto.misc

#

#
NOTE: mounts done from a hosts map will be mounted with the

#¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
[...]

I assume you did ls /home/lookin2/filestore

Did you do a exportfs 192.168.80.14 (I think that is the correct
command)? You need to make sure that the exported file system can be
read by your machine.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 AM
"Michael Vaknine"

Hi,
¬*
Thanks for your response.
I have no problem accessing this export from the server when I put it on fstab and mount it norrmaly from this server and others.
I am missing something on the autofs configuration.
¬*
Thanks
Michael
¬*

[...]

This is a shot in the dark. Try removing -fstype=nfs