Old 01-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Abhishek Dixit

Default how to record what eve is happening on aptitude

I am trying to install kword

sudo aptitude install kword
akonadi-backend-mysql{a} akonadi-server{a} create-resources{a}
freetds-common{a} kdepim-runtime{a} kdepimlibs-kio-plugins{a} kexi{a}
koffice-data{a} koffice-libs{a} kspread{a} kword kword-data{a}
libakonadi-contact4{a} libakonadi-kabc4{a} libakonadi-kcal4{a}
libakonadi-kde4{a} libakonadi-kmime4{a}
libakonadiprotocolinternals1{a} libdmtx0a{a} libgsf-1-114{a}
libgsf-1-common{a} libgsl0ldbl{a}
libkabc4{a} libkcal4{a} libkcalcore4{a} libkcalutils4{a}
libkimap4{a} libkldap4{a} libkmbox4{a} libkmime4{a}
libkpimidentities4{a}
libkpimtextedit4{a} libkpimutils4{a} libkresources4{a}
libkrossui4{ab} libmailtransport4{a} libmicroblog4{a} libpq5{a}
libpqxx-3.0{a}
libprison0{a} libqrencode3{a} libreadline5{a} libruby1.8{a}
libspnav0{a} libsybdb5{a} libxbase2.0-0{a} mysql-client-core-5.1{a}
mysql-server-core-5.1{a} ruby{a} ruby1.8{a}
0 packages upgraded, 50 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 27.9 MB of archives. After unpacking 113 MB will be used.
libkrossui4: Depends: libkdecore5 (= 4:4.7.1-0ubuntu3) but
4:4.7.2-0ubuntu2 is installed.
Depends: libkdeui5 (= 4:4.7.1-0ubuntu3) but
4:4.7.2-0ubuntu2 is installed.
Depends: libkio5 (= 4:4.7.1-0ubuntu3) but
4:4.7.2-0ubuntu2 is installed.
Depends: libkparts4 (= 4:4.7.1-0ubuntu3) but
4:4.7.2-0ubuntu2 is installed.
Depends: libkrosscore4 (= 4:4.7.1-0ubuntu3) but
4:4.7.2-0ubuntu2 is installed.

Keep the following packages at their current version:
1) kexi [Not Installed]
2) koffice-libs [Not Installed]
3) kspread [Not Installed]
4) kword [Not Installed]
5) libkrossui4 [Not Installed]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] Y
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

I want to record every thing which is happening on terminal.
I tried some thing like following

sudo aptitude install -y kword --log-level=debug --log-file=~/Downloads/baj.txt
but there was no file baj.txt and also aptitude is not able to install kword.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:59 AM
Basil Chupin

I want to record every thing which is happening on terminal.
I tried some thing like following

sudo aptitude install -y kword --log-level=debug --log-file=~/Downloads/baj.txt
but there was no file baj.txt and also aptitude is not able to install kword.

Use the pipe command: "sudo aptitude install word > logfile.txt" maybe?

BC

--
The wise man does at once what a fool does finally.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:59:47 +1100
Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> On 30/01/12 16:50, Abhishek Dixit wrote:
> > I am trying to install kword
> >
> > sudo aptitude install kword
>
> [pruned]
>

> > I want to record every thing which is happening on terminal.
> > I tried some thing like following
> >
> > sudo aptitude install -y kword --log-level=debug
> > --log-file=~/Downloads/baj.txt but there was no file baj.txt and
> > also aptitude is not able to install kword.
>
> Use the pipe command: "sudo aptitude install word > logfile.txt"
> maybe?
>
> BC

Not to be too pedantic, but that is a BASH output redirect, not a pipe
command which is, "|" without the quote marks.

Here's a good definition of pipes and pipelining and how they differ
from redirects:
http://www.linfo.org/pipes.html

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Strength through Unity.
Unity through faith.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Basil Chupin

On 30/01/12 17:34, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

[...]

I was wondering how long it would take you to spot this, Number 99. Good
show, and well done!

BC