Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Colin Law

Default 12.04 crashing on display shutdown

I have 12.04 Alpha installed and have a consistent crash if I have the
display set to power down on inactivity. It seems to be a complete
system lockup with no response to anything including ctrl-alt-f1 and
ssh access. I can't see anything in any of the logs but it is
definitely to do with the display power down, it runs happily all day
if the display is set to never power down yet always crashes if set to
power down.

Can someone suggest which package I should report a bug against?

Thanks

Colin

Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Colin Law

On 27 January 2012 14:18, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have 12.04 Alpha installed and have a consistent crash if I have the
> display set to power down on inactivity. *It seems to be a complete
> system lockup with no response to anything including ctrl-alt-f1 and
> ssh access. *I can't see anything in any of the logs but it is
> definitely to do with the display power down, it runs happily all day
> if the display is set to never power down yet always crashes if set to
> power down.
>
> Can someone suggest which package I should report a bug against?

OK, disregard the above. Within minutes of posting I got a round of
updates that appear to have fixed it. That is after two weeks of
waiting thinking that it was a major issue and would get fixed any
minute.

Sorry for the noise

Colin