Old 01-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Pop Horea-Vasile

Default lnxopensource.binhoster.com -- > lnxopensource.org

Hy,

the site with open source content:
http://lnxopensource.binhoster.com is now:

http://lnxopensource.org/

Visit and register & login in the LnxOpenSource organization.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:41 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:10:07 +0200
Pop Horea-Vasile <pop.horea@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hy,
> the site with open source content: http://lnxopensource.binhoster.com
> is now:
> http://lnxopensource.org/
> Visit and register & login in the LnxOpenSource organization.

On your ten core principles of open source, your number two is wrong.

The program need not include source code; source code needs to be made
available. This can be any kind of availability. Most packages point
to a website where the source lies in wait.

Study up if you wish to beseen as an authority, else folks will only
deem you to be the fool.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Strength through Unity.
Unity through faith.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Colin Law

On 27 January 2012 12:41, Cybe R. Wizard <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:10:07 +0200
> Pop Horea-Vasile <pop.horea@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hy,
>> the site with open source content: http://lnxopensource.binhoster.com
>> is now:
>> http://lnxopensource.org/
>> Visit and register & login in the LnxOpenSource organization.
>
> On your ten core principles of open source, your number two is wrong.
>
> The program need not include source code; source code needs to be made
> available. *This can be any kind of availability. *Most packages point
> to a website where the source lies in wait.
>
> Study up if you wish to beseen as an authority, else folks will only
> deem you to be the fool.

Also you might like to make sure your website is valid html see
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flnxopensource.org%2F&charse t=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group= 0

Colin

Old 01-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Pop Horea

Thank you Colin Law, I corrected the problem.
http://lnxopensource.org/news/69-10-core-principles-of-open-source-software

Old 01-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Colin Law

On 28 January 2012 15:48, Pop Horea <pop.horea@yahoo.com> wrote:

Please don't top post it makes it difficult to follow the thread.
Also top posting makes it easy to thank the wrong person.

> Thank you Colin Law, I corrected the problem.

I don't think you have corrected the problem I reported, I think you meant Cybe.

> http://lnxopensource.org/news/69-10-core-principles-of-open-source-software
>
> ________________________________

This problem appears to be still there.

Colin

Old 01-28-2012, 03:39 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 07:48:56 -0800 (PST)
Pop Horea <pop.horea@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you Colin Law, I corrected the problem.
>
> http://lnxopensource.org/news/69-10-core-principles-of-open-source-software

That's the problem that /I/ pointed out. The one Colin pointed out is
still uncorrected and, according to http://validator.w3.org still shows
78 errors and 39 warnings for your site.

You miss correct attribution, you fail to address the more important of
your web site's problems, you top post /and/ you send email to the list
in HTML. I don't think you should be trying to set up an 'expert' site
concerning the use of Linux, at least for a while yet while you do some
homework.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Strength through Unity.
Unity through faith.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
scott

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 07:48:56 -0800 (PST)
Thank you Colin Law, I corrected the problem.

http://lnxopensource.org/news/69-10-core-principles-of-open-source-software

That's the problem that /I/ pointed out. The one Colin pointed out is
still uncorrected and, according to http://validator.w3.org still shows
78 errors and 39 warnings for your site.

It's a Joomla template, what do you expect.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Pop Horea-Vasile

Yes it is a Joomla template, and I 'know' to buil a site since just
2* weeks. It is my first real website.

Unforunately I do not know how to correct problems.

I would be very happy if you attach, Mr. Colin, in the project.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Colin Law

On 29 January 2012 12:58, Pop Horea-Vasile <pop.horea@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes it is a Joomla template, and I 'know' to buil a site since just 2
> weeks. It is my first real website.
> Unforunately I do not know how to correct problems.
> I would be very happy if you attach, Mr. Colin, in the project.

Sorry, I know nothing about Joomla

Solin

> On 01/28/2012 07:15 PM, scott wrote:
>
> On 01/28/2012 11:39 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 07:48:56 -0800 (PST)
> Pop Horea<pop.horea@yahoo.com>* wrote:
>
> Thank you Colin Law, I corrected the problem.
>
> http://lnxopensource.org/news/69-10-core-principles-of-open-source-software
>

> That's the problem that /I/ pointed out.* The one Colin pointed out is
> still uncorrected and, according to http://validator.w3.org still shows
> 78 errors and 39 warnings for your site.
>

> It's a Joomla template, what do you expect.
>

> You miss correct attribution, you fail to address the more important of
> your web site's problems, you top post /and/ you send email to the list
> in HTML.* I don't think you should be trying to set up an 'expert' site
> concerning the use of Linux, at least for a while yet while you do some
> homework.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

gplus.to/clanlaw