Old 01-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Shawn Pringle

Default jedit not appearing in task bar

Old 01-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Colin Law

On 21 January 2012 15:01, Shawn Pringle <shawn.pringle@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there something I can do to make jEdit appear on the taskbar when
> running? *It doesn't appear there. *I can use 'ALT-TAB' to access it
> though.
>
> jEdit is a java application.

Which version of Ubuntu are you using?

Colin

Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Shawn Pringle

On 01/21/2012 12:33 PM, Vampire wrote:

> For me jEdit is shown like any other application in the Gnome taskbar
> in Ubuntu 9.10 or in the Launcher bar in Unity of later Ubuntus.
> Nothing special should be necessary here.
>
> Regards
> Vampire
>
> PS: Please CC me in answers, I'm not subscribed to the list
I am using Ubuntu 10.10 (the default distro). I tend to open files at
the command line with jEdit while the other programs I just click to
open. Perhaps, I should open the editor with the GUI and then open
files from the command-line after.

Hmm... it seems to work. Maybe nothing from the command line goes into
the task bar.

Shawn Pringle

Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
James Freer

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012, Shawn Pringle wrote:

On 01/21/2012 12:33 PM, Vampire wrote:

For me jEdit is shown like any other application in the Gnome taskbar
in Ubuntu 9.10 or in the Launcher bar in Unity of later Ubuntus.
Nothing special should be necessary here.

Regards
Vampire

PS: Please CC me in answers, I'm not subscribed to the list

I am using Ubuntu 10.10 (the default distro). I tend to open files at
the command line with jEdit while the other programs I just click to
open. Perhaps, I should open the editor with the GUI and then open
files from the command-line after.

Hmm... it seems to work. Maybe nothing from the command line goes into
the task bar.

Shawn Pringle

I'm on xubuntu 10.10 and it's ok. If you go into the menu edit... maybe it's
been left unchecked. Jedit goes into the Development menu or programming menu.

james

Old 01-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Shawn Pringle

On 01/22/2012 09:38 AM, James Freer wrote:

>> the command line with
jEdit while the other programs I just click to

>> open. Perhaps, I should open the editor with the GUI
and then open

>> files from the command-line after.

>> Hmm... it seems to work. Maybe nothing from the command
line goes

>> into

>> the task bar.

>> Shawn Pringle

> I am using Ubuntu 10.10 (the default distro). I tend to
open files at

> I'm on xubuntu 10.10 and it's ok. If you go into the menu
edit...

> maybe it's been left unchecked. Jedit goes into the
Development menu

> or programming menu.

> james

Then it must be the difference between xubuntu and ubuntu.* Seems

can change to xubuntu, debug gnome-wm, or just tolerate how things

are.* Thanks for the tip.

Shawn Pringle