Old 01-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Unable to play Soundcloud audio streams on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit *** SOLVED ***

On 21/01/12 12:13, sdavmor wrote:

On 01/20/2012 01:43 PM, sdavmor wrote:

On 01/19/2012 09:31 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

On 20/01/12 16:08, NoOp wrote:

On 01/19/2012 03:39 PM, sdavmor wrote:

When I connect to my Soundcloud site (or any Soundcloud site)
I get the following message:

"Hey, it seems your browser can't play SoundCloud audio
streams. If you can, please take a moment to upgrade your
browser or Flash Player plugin. Thanks for your
understanding!"

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 64bit. Up to date on patches, and
up to date on the Flash Player plugin (I checked the rev
level at the Flash site and it's fine).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone have a solution? I want to
change some of the tracks we offer there in readiness for the
new Systems Theory album. Not being able to hear anything is
a big hole in the road!

What make it even more confusing is that if I use the
Soundcloud Facebook widget for streaming music all the tunes
play correctly.

TIA.

It's helpful if you provide a link, the version of Firefox
(this is Firefox isn't it>), addons installed etc...

Anyway: http://soundcloud.com/tracks works here.

Same here - but only if you allow couple of sites which are
blocked by NoScript, if you are using this security extension for
Firefox.

BC

Ah! I am using NoScript. I shall dig deeper there and see what
turns up.

I had to remove all the temporary permissions granted in NoScript to
Soundcloud.com, then tell it to allow all pages/popups referenced by
soundcloud.com. That did the trick.

You only need to give temporary permissions to-

soundcloud.com
sndcdn.com

to get all to play. Do not give permission to anything else.

(BTW, if you want better security for FF then install also

BetterPrivacy
Ghostery
AdBlock Plus )

One time only pitch since I've brought us up anyway... if you are
interested in hearing some of what will be appearing on the new album
"overfulnoisecascade", go here:

<http://soundcloud.com/systemstheory>

Thanks, shall check it out.

BC

--
It is in the nature of things that every time you try to avoid one danger you run into another.
Niccolo Machiavelli