Old 01-21-2012, 12:13 AM
sdavmor

Default Unable to play Soundcloud audio streams on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit *** SOLVED ***

On 01/20/2012 01:43 PM, sdavmor wrote:

On 01/19/2012 09:31 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

On 20/01/12 16:08, NoOp wrote:

On 01/19/2012 03:39 PM, sdavmor wrote:

When I connect to my Soundcloud site (or any Soundcloud site)
I get the following message:

"Hey, it seems your browser can't play SoundCloud audio
streams. If you can, please take a moment to upgrade your
browser or Flash Player plugin. Thanks for your
understanding!"

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 64bit. Up to date on patches, and
up to date on the Flash Player plugin (I checked the rev
level at the Flash site and it's fine).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone have a solution? I want to
change some of the tracks we offer there in readiness for the
new Systems Theory album. Not being able to hear anything is
a big hole in the road!

What make it even more confusing is that if I use the
Soundcloud Facebook widget for streaming music all the tunes
play correctly.

TIA.

It's helpful if you provide a link, the version of Firefox
(this is Firefox isn't it>), addons installed etc...

Anyway: http://soundcloud.com/tracks works here.

Same here - but only if you allow couple of sites which are
blocked by NoScript, if you are using this security extension for
Firefox.

BC

Ah! I am using NoScript. I shall dig deeper there and see what
turns up.

I had to remove all the temporary permissions granted in NoScript to
Soundcloud.com, then tell it to allow all pages/popups referenced by
soundcloud.com. That did the trick.

One time only pitch since I've brought us up anyway... if you are
interested in hearing some of what will be appearing on the new album
"overfulnoisecascade", go here:

<http://soundcloud.com/systemstheory>
http://mikedickson.org.uk

Old 01-21-2012, 12:22 AM
sdavmor

[...]

Shockwave Flash

File: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so Version:
Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102

Yes. This is what I have.

Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/9.0.1 and Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1)
Gecko/20111221 Firefox/9.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.6.1

Firefox 9.0.1 her also.

That's in Ubuntu 10.10, 11.04, and 11.10-64bit.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:24 AM
sdavmor

When I connect to my Soundcloud site (or any Soundcloud site) I
get the following message:

"Hey, it seems your browser can't play SoundCloud audio streams.
If you can, please take a moment to upgrade your browser or Flash
Player plugin. Thanks for your understanding!"

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 64bit. Up to date on patches, and up to
date on the Flash Player plugin (I checked the rev level at the
Flash site and it's fine).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone have a solution? I want to
change some of the tracks we offer there in readiness for the new
Systems Theory album. Not being able to hear anything is a big
hole in the road!

What make it even more confusing is that if I use the Soundcloud
Facebook widget for streaming music all the tunes play
correctly.

I just tried, and I have flash enabled as well. Didn't show up in
pulse at all. I'm getting no stream of any sort that the audio
system sees. God only knows what facebook does, they could use a
tin can and a string, but I wouldn't know as I don't use it. Sorry!
Ric

It was the fact that the Soundcloud widget for FaceBook would play the
steam that made me think the problem was elsewhere, and went looking
in NoScript.