Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Navdeep Singh Sidhu

Default Having problem with read only disks ? How to change it ?

Hello everyone,

recently i had installed many tools on my ubuntu 11.10 like gparted , oracle 11g xe, & other many more. but i'm facing problem like read only disks with other partition which have ntfs file system.

i can't save my files on them or write any data to them.

Have i changed any kernel parameters or any group policy accidently etc ?Can some body help me regarding isssue?
How to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Navdeep Singh

Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Navdeep Singh Sidhu
<navdeepsingh.sidhu95@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> recently i had installed many tools on my ubuntu 11.10 like gparted , oracle
> 11g xe, & other many more. but i'm facing problem like read only disks with
> other partition which have ntfs file system.
> i can't save my files on them or write any data to them.
>
> Have i changed any kernel parameters or any group policy accidently etc ?Can
> some body help me regarding isssue?
> How to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have the package ntfs-3g installed, in Ubuntu Software
Center or in Synaptic..

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com