Old 01-18-2012, 11:40 PM
sdavmor

Default Unable to play Soundcloud audio streams on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

When I connect to my Soundcloud site (or any Soundcloud site) I get
the following message:

"Hey, it seems your browser can't play SoundCloud audio streams. If
you can, please take a moment to upgrade your browser or Flash Player
plugin. Thanks for your understanding!"

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 64bit. Up to date on patches, and up to date
on the Flash Player plugin (I checked the rev level at the Flash site
and it's fine).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone have a solution? I want to change
some of the tracks we offer there in readiness for the new Systems
Theory album. Not being able to hear anything is a big hole in the road!

TIA.
http://mikedickson.org.uk

Old 01-20-2012, 06:00 AM
Ric Moore

When I connect to my Soundcloud site (or any Soundcloud site) I get
the following message:

"Hey, it seems your browser can't play SoundCloud audio streams. If
you can, please take a moment to upgrade your browser or Flash Player
plugin. Thanks for your understanding!"

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 64bit. Up to date on patches, and up to date
on the Flash Player plugin (I checked the rev level at the Flash site
and it's fine).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone have a solution? I want to change
some of the tracks we offer there in readiness for the new Systems
Theory album. Not being able to hear anything is a big hole in the road!

What make it even more confusing is that if I use the Soundcloud
Facebook widget for streaming music all the tunes play correctly.

I just tried, and I have flash enabled as well. Didn't show up in pulse
at all. I'm getting no stream of any sort that the audio system sees.
God only knows what facebook does, they could use a tin can and a
string, but I wouldn't know as I don't use it. Sorry! Ric

Old 01-20-2012, 08:43 PM
sdavmor

When I connect to my Soundcloud site (or any Soundcloud site) I get
the following message:

"Hey, it seems your browser can't play SoundCloud audio streams. If
you can, please take a moment to upgrade your browser or Flash Player
plugin. Thanks for your understanding!"

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 64bit. Up to date on patches, and up to date
on the Flash Player plugin (I checked the rev level at the Flash site
and it's fine).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone have a solution? I want to change
some of the tracks we offer there in readiness for the new Systems
Theory album. Not being able to hear anything is a big hole in the
road!

What make it even more confusing is that if I use the Soundcloud
Facebook widget for streaming music all the tunes play correctly.

TIA.

It's helpful if you provide a link, the version of Firefox (this is
Firefox isn't it>), addons installed etc...

Anyway:
http://soundcloud.com/tracks
works here.

Same here - but only if you allow couple of sites which are blocked by
NoScript, if you are using this security extension for Firefox.

BC

Ah! I am using NoScript. I shall dig deeper there and see what turns up.
http://mikedickson.org.uk

Old 01-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Basil Chupin

[...]

The other thing, allow a little time when you first select to play a
track because it took a while here for the first one to start playing.
But this probably depends on how fast your internet connection is
because it seems that nothing will happen until the site loads all the
little icons at the bottom of each track and when I was trying this out
I had a VERY slow connection (some problem upstream from my ISP).

BC

--
It is in the nature of things that every time you try to avoid one danger you run into another.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Old 01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Gustin Johnson

I get this message when I forget to disable NoScript. Do you have any
plugins that modify or block incoming javascript (greasemonkey and
noscript come to mind)?

Old 01-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Adam Behnke

wierd, and icedtea just had an update a few days ago.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:06 PM
sdavmor

I get this message when I forget to disable NoScript. Do you have any
plugins that modify or block incoming javascript (greasemonkey and
noscript come to mind)?

Yes. It was NoScript. Resetting it for soundcloud solved the problem.
http://mikedickson.org.uk