Old 01-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Ioannis Vranos

Default Ubuntu login crash after interrupted update

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 3:16 AM, ref3atov <ref3atov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey i am a user of oneiric and recently my daily update was interrupted..to
> my great agony i found out that my ubuntu wont start anymore and wont even
> get to the login screen and instead displays a flicking terminal screen
> which i cant write anything inside with a command called
> /profile/user/saned* repeated everytime i open. ?tried every possible way to
> get to the terminal but no use..thank u :-)

When booting, keep the Shift key pressed, and you will be presented
with the GRUB2 boot menu. Select a previous kernel, and boot with it.
Then try to update your system again.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com

Old 01-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM, Ioannis Vranos
<ioannis.vranos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 3:16 AM, ref3atov <ref3atov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hey i am a user of oneiric and recently my daily update was interrupted..to
>> my great agony i found out that my ubuntu wont start anymore and wont even
>> get to the login screen and instead displays a flicking terminal screen
>> which i cant write anything inside with a command called
>> /profile/user/saned* repeated everytime i open. ?tried every possible way to
>> get to the terminal but no use..thank u :-)
>
> When booting, keep the Shift key pressed, and you will be presented
> with the GRUB2 boot menu. Select a previous kernel,

using the arrows on the keyboard,

Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 AM
ref3atov

Hey i am a user of oneiric and recently my daily update was interrupted..to my great agony i found out that my ubuntu wont start anymore and wont even get to the login screen and instead displays a flicking terminal screen which i cant write anything inside with a command called /profile/user/saned* repeated everytime i open. ?tried every possible way to get to the terminal but no use..thank u :-)

Sent from Samsung tablet --

Old 01-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Mohammad Refaat

Hey !! Thank YOu !! it worked !! D greetings from ubuntu again D