Old 01-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Jacob Mansfield

Default Libreoffice calc errors

Hi all,does anyone know how to fix an "!NUM#" error in Libreoffice Calc?all the help files say is that it's a 503 error, defined as "Invalid floating point operation: A calculation results in an overflow of the defined value range."any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated, as I need this working for tomorrow. I can provide the equations I'm using if it helps.thanks!

Jacob Mansfield*/*Lead Developer

Blue Sapphire Media

email:**Jacob@bluesapphiremedia.co.uk

skype:**jacob.mansfield*

Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
NoOp

On 01/19/2012 11:59 AM, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> Hi all, does anyone know how to fix an "!NUM#" error in Libreoffice
> Calc? all the help files say is that it's a 503 error, defined as
> "Invalid floating point operation: A calculation results in an
> overflow of the defined value range." any help in the matter would be
> greatly appreciated, as I need this working for tomorrow. I can
> provide the equations I'm using if it helps. thanks!

Your best bet for getting a detailed answer is to subscribe to the
libreoffice user list:
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/
and ask there.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 15:09, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 01/19/2012 11:59 AM, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
>> Hi all, does anyone know how to fix an "!NUM#" error in Libreoffice
>> Calc? all the help files say is that it's a 503 error, defined as
>> "Invalid floating point operation: A calculation results in an
>> overflow of the defined value range." any help in the matter would be
>> greatly appreciated, as I need this working for tomorrow. I can
>> provide the equations I'm using if it helps. thanks!
>
> Your best bet for getting a detailed answer is to subscribe to the
> libreoffice user list:
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/
> and ask there.

And at the very least, don't go there asking that question without
actually telling people what failing calculation is... :/ and maybe
some sample data.

That's like me asking "Hey, can you help me debug my python program?"
without actually telling anyone what my program is, what it does, or
showing them the code.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
wcj9996

does anyone know how to fix an "!NUM#" error in Libreoffice Calc?
all the help files say is that it's a 503 error, defined as "Invalid
floating point operation: A calculation results in an overflow of the
defined value range."
any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated, as I need this
working for tomorrow. I can provide the equations I'm using if it helps.

thanks!
Blue Sapphire Media *Jacob Mansfield* / Lead Developer
Blue Sapphire Media <http://www.bluesapphiremedia.co.uk>
*email:* Jacob@bluesapphiremedia.co.uk
<mailto:jacob@bluesapphiremedia.co.uk>
*skype:* jacob.mansfield <skype:jacob.mansfield?userinfo> Call Me
<skype:jacob.mansfield?call>

This is likely a divide by zero error or an out of range caused by the
order of the calculations.

walt

--
----- walt wcj9996@frontier.com -----

Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Eric Morey

What was the formula? If it isn't sensitive I'll take a look at the
worksheet (or an excerpt thereof) and let you know where I see a
problem.