Old 11-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Sam Przyswa

Default Install Ubuntu 7.10 failed

Hi,

I tried to install Ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop but after 94% done the
install freeze on loading module sbp2 "Firewire CDROM support" no way to
open console with Ctrl-Alt F1

I had before Kubuntu on this machine 7.04 and no problems to install
it !

What can I do ???

Sam.

--
Sam Przyswa - Chef de projet
Email: samp@arial-concept.com

--
Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
suspect n'a été trouvé.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
James Takac

On Tuesday 27 November 2007 23:38:19 Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install Ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop but after 94% done the
> install freeze on loading module sbp2 "Firewire CDROM support" no way to
> open console with Ctrl-Alt F1
>
> I had before Kubuntu on this machine 7.04 and no problems to install
> it !
>
> What can I do ???
>
> Sam.
>
> --
> Sam Przyswa - Chef de projet
> Email: samp@arial-concept.com
> Arial Concept - Intégrateur Internet
> 36, rue de Turin - 75008 - Paris - France
> Tel: 01 40 54 86 04 - Fax: 01 40 54 83 01
> Skype ID: arial-concept
> Web: http://www.arial-concept.com
>

> --
> Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
> pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de
> suspect n'a été trouvé.

Hi Sam

#1 check the cd to see if it's ok
#2 there's a safemode install option if I recall so maybe worth a shot
and if they don't work, maybe try the alternate cd?

I'm sure others will hop in with ideas as well

James

Old 11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
NoOp

On 11/27/2007 05:38 AM, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install Ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop but after 94% done the
> install freeze on loading module sbp2 "Firewire CDROM support" no way to
> open console with Ctrl-Alt F1
>
> I had before Kubuntu on this machine 7.04 and no problems to install
> it !
>
> What can I do ???
>
> Sam.

Perhaps it's this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/152737

I'd recommend trying the install from the alternate CD.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Sam Przyswa

Le mercredi 28 novembre 2007 à 09:11 +1000, James Takac a écrit :
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 23:38:19 Sam Przyswa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to install Ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop but after 94% done the
> > install freeze on loading module sbp2 "Firewire CDROM support" no way to
> > open console with Ctrl-Alt F1
> >
> > I had before Kubuntu on this machine 7.04 and no problems to install
> > it !
> >
> > What can I do ???
> >

> Hi Sam
>
> #1 check the cd to see if it's ok

CD is good.

> #2 there's a safemode install option if I recall so maybe worth a shot
> and if they don't work, maybe try the alternate cd?

I restarted the installation in OEM and the loading of sbp2 module don't
freeze the machine anymore.

Thanks for your help

Sam.